1/06/2015

1/6/2015

Well the holidays are over (hooray!) and its back to the grind for all of us. We're settling back in to our work and school schedules. The holidays were good for us, though for one reason and another we weren't able to visit anyone. The boys did have a chance to go see Grandma and Grandpa for a few days which was nice.

On the sports front we'd tried to keep Austin in wrestling after he took the initiative and signed himself up for it, but due to the development of a pyogenic granuloma on his scalp, he had to drop out. Hitting or rubbing it would make it bleed profusely, kind of a big no-no. I'm taking him in to the dermatologist today to have it removed, but the stitches will take two weeks to heal and in that time he'll miss out on too many practices to stay in wrestling. Better luck next year I guess. :(  However, he's excited about getting in to football later this year, so he has that to look forward to.

Gus will be getting in to track this spring! At 14 (almost 15, eek!) the boy is now taller than Michael and thin as a rail. He's accompanied me a bit on my training runs and easily out distances me. No endurance yet, but he'll learn. Not sure how I'll feed him enough to keep him going haha.

Isaac is adamant that he'll be playing soccer this spring. With the amount of energy our youngest has, he needs something! Time to start looking for a team.

As for me, I'm currently training for a half marathon. I run most evenings, even in the cold, brrr, in addition to weight training 3 to 5 days a week. I'll be doing the Austin Marathon's half marathon on February 15th (eep!). Its coming up soon and I'm very excited about it! The longest competitive distance I've done is a 5K. After the Austin half, I think I'll do the "Remember the 10" 10K in Stillwater in April. Gus might do that one too.

Michael is also on the ball trying to get in shape, though his work schedule often cuts in to his exercise time. He's thinking about doing the 5K at the "Remember the 10" but hasn't yet decided.

No comments: